Sunday, September 10, 2006

I'm sitting here dithering over whether or not to go to step aerobics. On the one hand, I could motor on in my robe, drinking coffee and reading the paper. On the other, I could get dressed and drive over to the gym to spend an hour dancing on and off a step to driving hip hop music.

A medical journal by my computer here is helping me make this Sunday decision. A study presented at the recent meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology found that over 36,000 Iowa women lowered their risk of postmenopausal breast cancer by 10% through exercise. And when the investigators considered a breast cancer subtype positive for estrogen receptors and negative for progesterone receptors (a more aggressive tumor), a high level of physical activity slashed the risk 34%!

That does it, I'm stepping out of the robe and stepping up to the music.

No comments: