Monday, December 04, 2006

Remember your dreams

I recently found a blog that recommended a three step approach to remembering more dreams: 1) Make a conscious decision to remember your dreams, 2) Write them down as soon as you awaken, even if it's the middle of the night, 3) Become more aware of the details of your environment during the day.

I've done tips 1) and 3). And while I'm aware that I am dreaming more, I can't remember a thing about them. Guess tip 2) is critical, but I think writing in a dream log would wake me up completely.

Meanwhile, a word or two on drugs and dreams. Nexium gives me vivid, dreadful nightmares. I've heard that from one other person. Melatonin gives me a weird night's sleep and weird dreams--too bad, the sleep aid is supposed to be crazy good for your brain. Progesterone also enhances dreams.

No comments: