Monday, September 17, 2007

My laughs for the day

I was hauling a box loaded with textbooks into the post office to mail to my daughter. A thirty-something man behind me hurried forward to open the door for me.

Me: Thanks
He: You're welcome, that looks heavy. (He leans forward confidentially) Besides my dad is watching from that car over there, and he'd be mad if I didn't help the lady.

Later, taking blood pressure on a woman during a physical exam.

Me: Hold this (I thrust the BP gauge into her other hand)
Me: Uh, could you move your thumb so I can read the dial?
She: Oh sorry, I didn't even realize what I was holding. It could've been a turd for all I knew; I'm a teacher, I'll hold anything.

4 comments:

janet copenhaver said...

Did those things happen for real? To funny!

Hey westcliffe is only a three hour drive. You have my number. Not sure if this weekend will be the best to see the changing leaves, maybe next weekend would be better. None the less this is a beautiful time of the year for a visit. That's an official invite! :)

JeanMac said...

Thanks for my morning laugh!I love people.

pissed off patricia said...

Funny! Bless teachers!

Mauigirl said...

Snort! A turd! I love it.